So we once again come across the Eagles BYE week, unofficially the mid-point of the Eagles season, despite only being six games in so far. This is where, historically, fans and analysts (and hopefully coaches) assess the team, what has gone well, what has gone wrong and where things are going. We are no different, and as has been tradition, we invited our friend Jason Brewer from Bleeding Green Nation to join in on the Eagles conversation. We talk the season so far, the Cowboys game this week, and even dip into the Donovan McNabb pool for a bit.
What we discussed:
- Eagles grade at the BYE week has to be an ‘F’
- We talk how the Eagles played against the Redskins
- The Eagles have three straight Home games coming up against the Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears and Arizona Cardinals
- Sunday Night Football… which Dallas team will show up?
- The Eagles need to beat Dallas to instill confidence in us
- Out-think, not out-stink! (quote from Todd)
- We talk a bit about Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb
- Eric Allen and Jim Johnson will be inducted into the Eagles Honor Roll this coming Sunday in a Halftime ceremony
- EFC FFL update
[audio:http://traffic.libsyn.com/eaglesfancast/119_EFC-Oct_25_2011.mp3 | titles=Episode 119 – BYE Week Break | Artists=EaglesFanCast]
The Philadelphia Eagles find a way to lose again, on the road up in Buffalo against the Bills. Now the Eagles are 1-4, with many problems ahead of them, and showing very little signs of being able to fix the problems left behind them in the previous four weeks. Fans predominantly blame Defensive Coordinator Juan Castillo and as a result, Head Coach Andy Reid. Now the Eagles are on the brink of a total season failure with a mountain in front of them to overcome for the rest of the season. This week they play their NFC East Division rival Washington Redskins. A win there could boost team morale greatly as the team then moves into the BYE week.
One other thing, Philadelphia Eagles football legend Sonny Jurgensen will be recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Allstate Insurance Company in Wilmington, N.C., on Tuesday, Oct. 18, as part of “Hometown Hall of Famers.” Please visit the site, Pro Football Hall of Fame for more information about this event.
What we discussed:
- Eagles lose the fourth straight game, to the Buffalo Bills.
- Frustration of fans boils over with public displays of anger both online and outside with protests outside the Novacare Complex.
- There is optimism by fans, one such message we highlighted from a listener Tom’s email to us earlier today. Please take a look.
- Eagles fans have not been jumping off the bandwagon, and still support the team, but are calling out the coaches and players to fix the major problems that have developed.
- Jason Avant calls a players only team meeting today, and it’s about time someone has done it!
- Late-breaking rumors that the Eagles are in negotiations with the Denver Broncos to trade a 3rd or 4th round pick for Linebacker D.J. Williams. So far there is no credence to this rumor at all, and we don’t expect it to happen.
- The EFC FFL update
[audio:http://traffic.libsyn.com/eaglesfancast/117_EFC-Oct_12_2011.mp3 | titles=Episode 117 – Eagles On The Brink | Artists=EaglesFanCast]