The Philadelphia Eagles host the New York Giants Sunday night for a battle for first place in the NFC East. With wins coming both the Redskins and the Cowboys earlier in the day, the game became very big by the time 8:00pm rolled around. Despite a worry by some that this game would be a let down after such a tremendous and historic win the previous week over the Washington Redskins on Monday Night Football, the Eagles overcame some mistakes and continued bad officiating to beat the Giants by ten points. This places the Eagles atop the NFC East all alone and in the middle of the pack of the best teams now in the hunt for a playoff spot as November winds down. Vick was not at his best, and there were key end zone drops by the ol’ reliables, Jason Avant and Desean Jackson. The Eagles Defense played a great game, and although not recording a sack, had three interceptions and a fumble recovery that helped win the game. Next, the Eagles travel to Chicago and take on the Bears in a very tough, and possibly critical NFC matchup.
What we discussed:
- Eagles beat the Giants 27-17 at Lincoln Financial Field, moving to the top of the NFC East
- What are we thankful for this Thanksgiving?
- Jason Avant and Desean Jackson’s drops came close to beating us
- Again we take serious issues with the officiating
- Broadcaster Cris Collinsworth was all about disrespecting the Eagles on Sunday Night Football
- Michael Vick and Kevin Kolb options moving forward
- The Eagles go to Chicago and take on the Bears next
- Who will be this week’s star player?
- EFC Fantasy Football weekly roundup
Giant ways to get in touch:
Email: fans [at] EaglesFanCast.net
Voicemail Line: 1 (856) 335-3675
Support EFC – get our iPhone App[audio:http://traffic.libsyn.com/eaglesfancast/098_EFC-Nov_23_2010.mp3 | titles=Episode 98 – Another Giant Win|artists=EaglesFanCast]
[Photo courtesy of PicApp]