How ’bout them Cowboys?! That was a thought repeated many times the past few days by many Philadelphia Eagles fans. The Dallas Cowboys sauntered into Philly for Sunday Night Football, with Rob Ryan talking his talk, and the Eagles go up by 34 points before the Cowboys scored their first touchdown, in the fourth quarter. The Eagles did everything right in this game, from coaching, to concentration, to discipline, to playmaking. It was one of those games as a football fan that you have to admire. The fact that it happened against the hated Cowboys, in Philly, in front of an international audience, and with fueling the thoughts of a season comeback… well that was just icing on the cake. Make no mistake about it, this was one of the biggest games of the season, and may have many repercussions moving forward. No, this season is not over, not by a long shot.
What we discussed:
- Eagles crush Dallas, 34-7 at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday Night Football, and the win was one that felt very good
- Eagles dominated on every aspect of the game, from top to bottom
- Jason Peters was just amazing again, and Trent Cole returned in great fashion
- UK Steve wrote in with questions as to who we would rather have on our team: Vince Young with Shady McCoy OR Michael Vick with Ronnie Brown
- Jason Avant angered some fans after the game with remarks about fans jumping back on the bandwagon, and he doesn’t want it
- Shady McCoy and Desean Jackson will need to be paid, but which one should the Eagles address first?
- The Chicago Bears come to Philadelphia this week for Monday Night Football
- The New York Giants lose their star running back Ahmad Bradshaw for the season with a broken foot
- We hear from a UK listener who’s site, Brit Coast Offense, picks the Eagles to take the NFC East
- EFC FFL update