First of all, I want to dedicate this week’s show to all Veterans… of every service… of every country… of every sex, creed and belief. We honor what you do so we can do things like live freely, raise families in peace and enjoy what we make of our time on this planet. Your sacrifices allowed me to grow and raise a family of my own, and allows them to do the same. Thank you. Come home safely, welcome home to those who have served, and to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, rest in peace.
So here we are again. We discuss yet another head-scratching loss by the Philadelphia Eagles, at home, against a team they should have beaten… by less than a touchdown. The Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football beat the Eagles at The Linc 30-24 as the Eagles display the amazing ability by Head Coach Andy Reid to completely out-coach himself. What works one week cannot possibly work two weeks in a row, so the game plan that worked so effectively against the Dallas Cowboys the week before was drastically changed against the Bears. Our Castillo-led Defense allowed the Bears to score early, and Reid appears to panic as a result, passing and no longer allowing the positive of the week before move the team forward. (By the way, in the show I mentioned that the Bears went up 14-0, but in my head I was thinking “by two scores” and my words came out wrong. Sorry. lol)
What we discussed:
- Eagles lose 30-24 after Reid sees his team go down 7-0 in the first quarter, and panic seems to set in.
- We believe that there is no hope left in this season, and as a result, Andy Reid is done in Philadelphia
- Juan Castillo ran the Defense ineffectively, allowing Bears Quarterback Jay Cutler plenty of time to find his receivers in clutch situations
- Arizona Cardinals are coming to Philadelphia this week, and although we expect a win this week, the outlook for the rest of the season still seems dismal
- We briefly discuss the situation that broke this week regarding sexual abuse allegations involving the football coaching staff at Penn State