The Philadelphia Eagles win their second game of the season, and do it against their NFC East Division rival, the Washington Redskins. The Eagles Defense morphed this week into a more disciplined and aggressive system, which harassed Redskins’ quarterback Rex Grossman for most of the game, and our newest Safety Kurt Coleman had a career game with three interceptions on the day. On the other side of the ball, the Eagles Offense put up a very impressive first half, looking more confident, but still struggled in the second half yet prevailed by our Defense to win the game.
This week we have Tommy Lawlor on to celebrate the win. Tommy’s all over the web now, still writing for PhiladelphiaEagles.com, Scouts Notebook and his Eagles blog, Iggles Blitz. Also joining Chuck and Tommy is big Eagles fan Steve Malinowski from the blog and podcast, Tailgate 365. Was a fun time with both.
What we discussed:
- Eagles get their second win of the season, and this win felt really good
- Kurt Coleman really shut up any detractors this week with his three interceptions of Rex Grossman
- We need the Eagles Offense to put together all four quarters
- The players love coach Andy Reid because he never throws any of them under the bus
- Team leadership
- Ronnie Brown is back on the Eagles after a failed trade with the Detroit Lions, after Jerome Harrison failed his physical
- Eagles go into their BYE week at a good time, then invite the Dallas Cowboys to town