The Philadelphia Eagles play their third preseason game against the Cleveland Browns on a rainy night in Philly, leaving only one game before the welcome start of the regular season. The big news, though, is the new contract that the Eagles and quarterback Michael Vick agreed to yesterday. Although the details vary, essentially it is a 6-year $100 million deal with almost $40 million guaranteed for our starting QB. We talk about what that means to DeSean Jackson’s contract extension that both he and the fans want. Either way, we will see Vick leading the Offense in midnight green for years to come.
What we discussed:
- The Eagles beat the Cleveland Browns in the third preseason game
- Vick’s contract places him among the highest paid in the NFL
- Jason Kelce is named the new starting Center
- Both Danny Watkins and Kelce are starting rookies on the Offensive line, and it’s a concern for Vick’s safety
- Linebackers discussion
- The EFC Fantasy Football League will be back, and we will be using NFL.com this year. There will be 12 teams and the preliminary Draft date is set for Wednesday, September 7th.
- EFC has partnered with GM, who will be loaning Eric and Chuck a couple of Chevrolet Camaro’s for a week to play with in September. We encourage you to visit their site at www.drivingthenortheast.com and follow them on twitter, @GMNortheast