The Philadelphia Eagles lost to the Green Bay Packers in the first round of the playoffs on Sunday of Wildcard Weekend. The result was from a series of mistakes stemming from drops, penalties, missed field goals, missed tackles, missed opportunities, and missed coaching decisions. It was another heartbreak loss in the playoffs. We try to come to terms with the loss and put the whole team into perspective with how the unexpected season transpired. With dozens of injuries throughout the season, the resurgence of Mike Vick as an MVP quarterback, winning the NFC East, and NO other East team even making the playoffs… it’s been one hell of a season, and one that builds excitement for what can be for 2011.
From an EaglesFanCast standpoint, thank you to everyone who listened in and joined us this season. We had a lot of new listeners, from all over the world, and we heard from many of you, and it’s been great. Please stay with us throughout the offseason, and we want to hear from you. Let us know what you want to hear on future shows.
What we discussed:
- Eagles lose in the first round of the playoffs to the Green Bay Packers
- The feeling of most fans at the end of this season is sadness
- Blame the coaches? Blame Akers? Blame Vick? Blame inexperience? We try to sort that out.
- The feeling of some is that we need a new Head Coach. A coach that is a gameday coach, a clock management coach and a coach that can adjust.
- It was a season that was above our expectations, and now we expect big things for next season
- We briefly look at what we need moving forward
- Chuck talks about the tailgate setup this week, and Tom McAllister hung out too!
Waiting for Pitchers and Catchers:
Voicemail Line: 1 (856) 335-3675
Email: fans [at] EaglesFanCast.net