The Philadelphia Eagles pull together behind a stellar performance from backup (!?) quarterback Kevin Kolb and beat the Atlanta Falcons in Lincoln Financial Field, 31-17. The day was warm, the sun was shining, and the Eagles had a 21-0 lead before the Falcons scored. Special Teams, Defense and Offensive Line all had a great day, and allowed Kolb to work his magic, while stopping the Falcons repeatedly. Unfortunately the day was not perfect, as we witnessed star receiver DeSean Jackson go out with a severe concussion after a terrifying hit, and ol’ reliable kicker David Akers miss three field goals.
What we discussed:
- Eagles beat the Falcons in Philadelphia and travel next week to play the Tennessee Titans
- WR Desean Jackson’s concussion and hit, plus we talk about other hard hits in the NFL this week
- Kevin Kolb was phenomenal this week, completing 23 of 29 passes for 326 yards and three touchdowns
- The Defense stepped up, with King Dunlap making an remarkable turnaround from last week
- Trent Cole was a monster, and Stewart Bradley looks like he’s improving as well
- Tailgating this week was a lot of fun, with UK Steve visiting Philly on a sports tour that is becoming legendary, and Jason from Bleeding Green Nation hung with us as well.
- We got to meet The Commissioner of Tailgating, Joe Cahn and talk with him about his tailgating adventures
- EFC Fantasy Football updates wrap up the show along with an email from Dennis in Gettysburg and a couple of voicemails
Find us now:
Email: fans [at] EaglesFanCast.net
Voicemail Line: (856) 335-3675
[Photo courtesy of PicApp]