We’ve taken a few months off, and it was a slow Eagles news time anyway, but we are back.
Unfortunately, we record this episode with heavy hearts, as long-time Eagles Defensive Coordinator, Jim Johnson, passed away today. He had been battling cancer for a while, and was 68. We will never forget what he did for the players, coaches and fans of this organization, and we wish his family all the best during this very hard time.
The Philadelphia Eagles website has an amazing tribute to the best Defensive Coordinator the organization, and perhaps the NFL, has ever had.
What we talked about:
- We remember Jim Johnson, who passed away today.
- Sean McDermott, the new Eagles Defensive Coordinator named last week, is young and has to gain the respect of the players
- WR Jeremy Maclin has not signed yet, but there are no worries
- Training Camp talk: Brian Westbrook looks great, Stacy Andrews is a monster, Shawn Andrews looks like his old self, and Donovan McNabb is having fun
- Eagles Flight Night is this Sunday – Chuck and Eric will be going, so say hi
- We talk a little Phillies… we can’t help it, it’s a Philly thing
- Email from Phil – he has the same thing most Eagles fans are feeling right now: is excited, but has reservations
A listener of the show, Bob, bought the Red Bell Brewery bar from Veterans Stadium, and is now selling it. It’s 10′ high, 7′ wide, and 10′ deep. A picture is below. If you are interested, send Chuck an email, and I’ll hook you up with Bob’s contact info.
One last thing, web aficionado and all-around good guy, Drew Olanoff, was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. Not one to sit back and do nothing, he turned his passion for life and the web on the cancer itself. If you are on twitter, chances are you have seen people blame Drew’s cancer for many things in their own lives. Drew’s created the “Blame Drew’s Cancer” movement where he has partnered with Livestrong, and hopes to get sponsors to donate a dollar for every time someone blames Drew’s cancer for something. If you’re on twitter, go ahead.
We’re back, so too should you be:
Email: fans [at] EaglesFanCast.net
Voicemail Line: 1(856)335-3675
Follow on twitter: twitter.com/EaglesFanCast
Facebook: EFC Fan Page