The Philadelphia Eagles come up short in a big way and lose to the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC Championship. After a dismal first half where the Cardinals put up 24 points to the Eagles six, they fight back, scoring 19 unanswered points in the second half and actually take the lead in the fourth quarter. Unfortunately that appeared to be all that was left in the tank, and Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner led his team down the field and scored a touchdown and added a two-point conversion to lead 32-25 with just under three minutes to go. The Eagles Offense sputtered and died on the Cardinals side of the field, as well as their chances at another Super Bowl shot.
What we discussed:
- Eagles lose the NFC Championship game, and are now 1-4 in that game under Andy Reid
- Chuck calls for Reid to leave
- Eric calls out Donovan McNabb and Brian Dawkins for having horrendous games
- Todd, like all of us, is heartbroken, calls McNabb a great player, but he’s not a champion
- All aspects of the team were flat in the first half
- Kicker David Akers was off with a missed field goal, missed extra point and a kickoff out of bounds
- The Defense tackling game was one of the worst we have seen this season
- Email from Alex (first of two halves from Alex)
- Email from Hollis
- Thanks to Aussie Mike for the AFL official football he sent us!
- Thanks to Nidice for letting us use his song, Eagles Game Face ’08 last week
- Email from Dennis
- Email from Philip
- Email from Aussie Steve
Eric and Chuck were interviewed by Rebecca Roberts from NPR at McGillin’s Olde Ale House in Center City Philadelphia. It aired this past Saturday evening on the show All Things Considered. You can hear it at this link. On the right side, scroll down to “Sports – Eagles Fan Explains Reputation for Pessimism”.
Season’s over, but we’re still here:
Email: fans [at] EaglesFanCast.net
Voicemail Line: 1(856)335-3675
Follow on twitter: twitter.com/EaglesFanCast