Show Notes: Episode 44 for Tuesday, December 9, 2008
The Philadelphia Eagles march up the New Jersey Turnpike, then Brian Westbrook marches all over the New York Giants. The men in Green take their new confidence and beat the Giants 20-14 in a game where our running game ruled and Eli Manning’s passes were dropped. Despite the win, we try to find optimism as this was the Eagles dominant team that should be in the playoffs, not struggling (and hoping) to make a Wildcard spot.
What we discussed:
- Brian Westbrook lit up the Giants, again, with 203 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns
- B West looked amazing and Eric has a lt of stats to back it
- We aren’t as excited as we normally should be, and we discuss why
- The confidence in Andy Reid still is not there, as we’re not sure how he will handle the game plans for the remaining games
- Email from Alex, who was psyched about the Eagles big win over the Giants
- Email from Steve, who caught the game at the airport
- There were three blocked Field Goals in this game, one returned for a Giants TD
- Contest Winners announced for the DirecTV Eagles-branded remote controls… congrats to both Dave from California and Steve from San Francisco!!
- We talked about the Plaxico Burress effect on the Giants team, or was there one?
- Early Eagles playoff scenarios
- The talk shifts to the Dallas Cowboys, and their impending demise
Reach out and touch us, platonically of course:
Email: fans [at] EaglesFanCast.net
Voicemail Line: 1(856)335-3675
Follow EFC on twitter: twitter.com/EaglesFanCast[audio:http://media.libsyn.com/media/eaglesfancast/044_EFC-Dec_9_2008.mp3]