Show Notes: Episode 36 for Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The Philadelphia Eagles beat the San Francisco 49ers in a 4th Quarter Defensive victory on Sunday at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. Despite the Eagles moving the football effectively for three quarters, there was never a time when the game was well in hand. A blocked field goal returned for a TD left the Eagles with a 1-point lead going into the half, and the Eagles struggled for the entire third Quarter before dominating and putting it away late in the fourth. With the Eagles win, and losses by the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins, the Eagles are back in the race as they go into their BYE week.
What we discussed:
- The Philadelphia Eagles beat the San Francisco 49ers 40-26 a must-win Away game
- We debate the play of the team and coaches during the game and try to make some sense of how effective the team handled their opponent
- The Eagles signed LB Tracy White and cut RB Tony Hunt
- The Detroit Lions traded WR Roy Williams to the Dallas Cowboys
- Cowboys CB Adam “Pacman” Jones was suspended four games, possibly indefinitely, after his latest off the field shenanigans… the world feigns surprise
- We talk about Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones and his comments on ESPN about the “aging” Terrell Owens… and the world snickers knowingly
- The Cowboys have lost five players since Sunday, including their QB, Tony Romo
- NFC East Division outlook and standings
- Todd talks about attending the Phillies – Dodgers NLCS Game 4 in L.A.
- Andy Reid’s 3rd & Long playcalling scares us because he has no plan
- We have an email from Aussie Mike
- The site, OneCrazyFan.com is now embedding our shows on his tailgate recap pages, very cool!
Next week on our BYE week show, we welcome back Jason from Bleeding Green Nation. Jason joined us in the BYE week last year, and we’re very happy to have him back on to share his thoughts on all things Eagles.
Join in this crazy little show of ours –
Email: fans [at] EaglesFanCast.net
Voicemail Line: 1(856)335-3675
Follow EFC on twitter: twitter.com/EaglesFanCast[audio:http://media.libsyn.com/media/eaglesfancast/036_EFC-Oct_14_2008.mp3]