Show Notes: Episode 32 for Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The Philadelphia Eagles lose a heartbreaker in Irving Texas to the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football. In one of the best NFL games I’ve ever watched, critical mistakes cost the Eagles the game, and they fall 41-37. In this show we try to put perspective on the game, how early in the season it is, what went wrong, and what can be done to fix things. Despite the loss, we recognize that the Eagles are truly one of the best teams in the NFL this season, and it will be a fun ride to the end.
What we discussed:
- Philadelphia Eagles lose to the Dallas Cowboys, 41-37
- We address Donovan McNabb’s fumbled handoff to Brian Westbrook and his inability to run the 2-minute Offense
- Sean Considine got burned badly in the Terrell Owens TD reception
- Brian Dawkins looked old and slow and definitely not on his game, and it’s both sad and worrisome
- Three teams from the NFC East are in the Top 5 for the ESPN NFL Power Rankings
- We talk about coaching on both sides of the ball
- We have an email from Jason who talks about how he feels the day after the loss
- The Eagles play the Pittsburgh Steelers at Lincoln Financial Field this coming Sunday
- One of the things the Defense has to do this week is get to Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger
- We get a twitter message from our buddy Jason from Bleeding Green Nation asking about any kind of interstate rivalry that may exist with the Steelers
- We have a big tailgate planned this week, BIG!
Email: fans [at] EaglesFanCast.net
Voicemail Line: 1(856)335-3675